Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Sharing I2C bus between OAL RTC part and Driver part on Windows CE

Real Time Clock or RTC is an essential component in all embedded systems. Designers interface these RTC chips through a common I2C bus shared by a lot of peripherals and sensors. Therefore a common I2C bus driver is needed to the developers.Since an I2C interface is a shared bus, synchronization is needed between the devices to access the I2C bus. Windows CE supports synchronization objects like critical sections, semaphore and mutex etc.., to share the device or bus in driver level without conflict. But RTC related functionalities are implemented in the OAL.exe. Therefore it is not possible to use synchronization objects in the OAL part. This blog depicts – how to share I2C bus between OAL and driver without conflict.
http://www.e-consystems.com/blog/windowsce/?p=121

No comments: